Re: Let's stop using CVS for debian.org website

Dear all
Thanks everybody for your input in this topic.
Double thanks to all the people that researched and worked on this, from
many years ago, until today.

I have setup this git repo:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/webwml/webwml2git.git

for me and the people interested to work on the migration.

My plan is update the master branch daily with the new cvs commits, and
use branches to work on the approaches mentioned in the wiki page
https://wiki.debian.org/WebsiteGitTransition

The branches include a "cvs-revisions" file with the results of the
git-cvsimport (it will be updated daily, too), that may be useful.

You can find more details in the bug report (#845297):

People interested in working on the migration to git, or tracking what's
happening with it from now on, *please* subscribe to the bug and the
wiki page, and use them to send/write your ideas, patches, etc.

Note that I have no Perl scripts, very few bash scripts, and I just
learned about po4a yesterday, so don't think that I can do the migration
alone! I'll try to ease the work of anybody wanting to work, though, and
gather all the important info in the bug repo, and wiki page.

You can find me in the #debian-www irc channel (larjona).

Best regards
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona