Re: Summary from the debian www/wiki BoF at DC14

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 04:05:04PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 2:40 AM, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
>
>> - For every new wiki account, mail a copy of the very first page edit (diff)
>> to a small number of people. Should be very easy to spot spam, and only then
>> some action needs to be taken.
>
>We already have some people following RecentChanges and that seems to work fine.
>
>https://wiki.debian.org/RecentChanges

I also opened a wishlist against moin myself a while to get this kind
of feature: #705114. While it's all well and good to pick up spam
after the fact, I'd love to be able to do moderation of new accounts
instead. Patches welcome!

>> - Have an easy way to mass-revert all edits by a given user account, to be
>> used in the above case.
>
>The wiki engine supports this already for admin users. It isn't
>actually that useful because most spammers that reach the wiki these
>days are one-shot, spammers just create new accounts for each edit.

... for exactly this reason.

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Dasmohapatra