Re: direct link to sources from "How www.d.o is made" page

Am 10.08.2014 18:26, schrieb David Prévot:

> Le 10/08/2014 11:23, Tomas Pospisek a écrit :
>
>> the proposed change below is quite trivial, but I think very helpful.
>
>>> -  <li>the bulk of it is generated using WML, from the 'webwml' CVS tree
>>> +  <li>the bulk of it is generated using WML, from the
>>> +      <a href="https://alioth.debian.org/projects/webwml/";>'webwml' CVS tree</a>
>
> Given how volatile alioth URLs are, I’m not sure pointing to them in
> many pages would really be an improvement.

According to the wayback machine, that specific URL has been stable
since 2003, 11 years, which makes it an exceptionally stable URL, don't
you agree?

[0] http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://alioth.debian.org/projects/webwml

But even if it were changing from time to time, then why not just update
the URL then?

> Maybe pointing to the related page inside the www.d.o tree could worth it (but I didn’t actually look
> at the page to make up my mind about it).

What "page inside the www.d.o tree" are you referring to? I don't
understand.

>>> If you will apply this patch, then I'll try to port it to all the other
>>> translations.
>
> That would be useful if considered, thanks.

Cool, so I'm waiting for someone in the debian-www to decide whether
that patch should be applied or not.

>>> PS: does the web maintainers prefer to have bugs filled against
>>> debian-www or to have proposed changes posted here on the ML?
>
> Bugs are the best way to not forget stuff and to tag them appropriately.

Thanks, done: http://bugs.debian.org/757857

Now, I kindly ask the debian-www team to make a decision,
*t