Re: Implement whatcanidofordebian.org?

Hi.

Oliver Propst <oliver.propst@gmail.com> writes:

> Mozilla have developed the simple free webapp, asknot [1]. The idea is that
> the user is asked if he/she is interested in contributing in a particular
> area, the user can then either ask for more details or reject the idea and
> get another suggestion [2].
>
> By asking the user upfront about areas of interest it complements the
> traditional approach to inform potential contributors to contributions
> opportunities .
>
> I think this something that the Debian could implement. Beside a domain
> what is needed is a design (and custom urls of course). I would be glad to
> volunteer to work on the content/urls.
>
> Anything the team are interested in working on?

I'm not particularly active in the WWW team, but maybe I can share some
bits, related to your suggestion.

You may see in https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=738713
a suggestion for implementing a Web variant of the how-can-i-help
program. I think this is somehow related to what you're proposing.

You may get more details about how-can-i-help at
https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

Hope this helps ;)

Best regards,
--