Re: SSL for screenshots.debian.net?

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Christoph Haas wrote:

> I will keep that basic concept in the rewrite. However I will use an
> actively maintained Ruby framework based on Rack so that the operation
> should be easy for the next 5+ years.

I have yet to go through one stable update that doesn't break all of my
ruby scripts.  If you want stability, then this might not be the best
choice.

With my dsa hat on I suspect we'd be ok to run ruby scripts if their
dependencies are in stable and there is some wsgi like means to launch
them from apache (or we just proxy to something that got started
manually).

>          Other social features like commenting on packages are second
> class.

Completely agree.  Stick to one thing and do that well.

Cheers,