Re: Who's using Debian?

On Mi, 24 apr 13, 12:31:31, Victor Nițu wrote:

> If you want to discuss the technicalities of the mirror and decisions
> behind it, we should move it to -mirrors and continue there, as it may
> be an interesting debate for more people than in -publicity. Otherwise
> I'll believe you are unhappy with the wording, which incorrectly
> suggests this being *the* mirror for Romania, which is not true, indeed.

Before being unhappy with anything I try to make sure I got the right
interpretation, hence the question.

> I won't have any objection against a patch or wording suggestion. The
> main intention was to have a commercial entity which was using Debian
> since its beginning listed here, and not to advertise the mirror
> (note that I didn't even put its URL in the text).

Here is *a* proposed rewording:

mail, file server, backup and on routers where we run BGP, forward and
firewall rules. We are also hosting a Debian mirror and the
debian.org.ro community.
We chose Debian GNU/Linux because of its stability, package
management and easy methods for services configuration and debugging.

> I never said anything about hosting a primary mirror or being the
> target for ftp.ro.debian.org. I really think we should move this either
> on -mirrors or private, since I can't find any issue related to the
> -www team (and maybe add the mirror's admin in Cc if the thread tends
> to grow).

The wording of your entry is on-topic for -www

> P.S.: I honestly don't understand why people keep Cc-ing other people
>       when writing on lists, even if nobody asks for it. As I said in my
>       previous mails, I really am subscribed and receiving duplicates.

Since -www is the contact point for almost anything website related the
general assumption is that people are not subscribed, especially when
submitting "Who's using Debian" entries or similar.

Sorry for forgetting my standard P.S. for -www ("I assumed you are not
subscribed, hence the CC") though.

Kind regards,
Andrei