Re: [Debian-sponsors-discuss] visual look of ffis and SPI websites

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 09:40:27AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Shouldn't we include more information on how to donate on
> http://www.debian.org/donations, so that it's not required for donors to
> go to the ffis and SPI websites?
>
> Or help with ffis and SPI so that their website look a bit more modern?
>
> Comments/ideas? Was there a strong reason not to include more info
> directly on the donations page?

As a reference, I suggest to have a look at the PostgreSQL donation
page:

  http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate/

for a couple of reasons:

1) they are a SPI affiliated project as we are, but they did work with
   SPI to actually have a nicer donation interface. I've never checked
   with SPI what's needed to have that, but that's evidently possible

2) as a bonus point to the above: their donation UI is PostgreSQL
   *only*. I think it's a major problem for Debian donations that when
   donating via the standard click & pledge interface the user get
   "offered" to donate to many other FOSS projects

3) they have a nice choice of Europe vs US donation option. For Europe,
   if that's fine with Joey, we might simply set up a Paypal account (as
   Postgres did) from which we will make bank transfer to FFIS bank
   account, as needed.

HTH,
Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .