Re: Aufstellung Debian Versionen => Versionsnummern

On Thursday 19 April 2012 22:57:17 Pfannenstein Erik wrote:
> since I wouldn't have found that page if I've looked for it either, I'd
> suggest renaming the "release info" to "releases overview". From my point
> of view the singular in "release info" implies that you can just find
> information on the current release and after clicking on it suddenly a
> text about the three branches and all versions since 2.0 jumps into your
> face.

I agree that using "Release overview" might be better, or perhaps simply
"Releases" since the page's title is "Debian releases".

(Just for the record, in case someone is considering it, "Release infos" would
not be a valid link text, as "info" / "information" is an uncountable noun
without a plural form.)

> While we're at it, we could add an info that security support for one
> version runs out one year after the successor of it was released, meeting
> the second part of Mr. Haase's request.

Yes, it's a good idea to mention that, perhaps borrowing wording from the
Security FAQ: http://www.debian.org/security/faq#lifespan

--
Regards, Kaare