Re: Inclusion in the Debian consultant list

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> Personally I don't have anything against complete openness or
> exposing e-mail addresses as long as this is quite clear in advance
> for any potential partners,

The contact e-mail address has to be in the CVS repository, so it will
always be open. Of course, there's a difference between having it in 1
spot, and a few hundred places, we certainly can't provide guarantees
that their e-mail won't be harvested.

> In my opinion a lot more automation is needed, not only for the
> adding part, but also for periodic pings, etc.

I agree that more automation is certainly needed, but using the BTS
doesn't preclude additional automation being added at any point in the
future. Furthermore, we don't have to use the BTS forever. If someone
gets around to making a better system, we can switch.

Don Armstrong

--
She was alot like starbucks.
IE, generic and expensive.