Re: Inclusion in the Debian consultant list

Hi there!

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 17:23:52 +0100, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Jo, 08 nov 12, 15:00:53, Don Armstrong wrote:
>> Better to just file a bug in the BTS and do all of this there with a
>> form. It can even use the current www.debian.org pseudopackage with an
>> appropriate usertag so it gets filtered out.

Thank you for the hint, Don, I fully agree with you that using the
already-established infrastructure is the way to instead of inventing
the wheel again.

However, I disagree with both approaches and I still think that the
processing used until now is the right one: similarly to what happens
for events or merchandise, sometime there is the need to discuss a bit
more before adding the entry.  If this means that the entry is not added
right away, I am fine with that (no one is paid to do such a work).
And, again, sometime such discussions are private, which means that the
BTS is not suitable (RT would be, but I find it less friendly).

Moreover, the advantage of having a single point of entry means that we
can archive everything in one single place, exactly like it is done for
the events@d.o alias.

>> For example:
>>
>> To: submit@bugs.debian.org
>> From: yourname
>> Subject: Please add consultant <your name>
>>
>> Package: www.debian.org
>> Severity: wishlist
>> User: www.debian.org
>> Usertags: consultants
>>
>> # Consultant: COUNTRYTLD
>> # email checked on YYYY-MM-DD
>> <name    Your Name>
>> <company Your Company>
>> <address Your address <country-name COUNTRYTLD>>
>> <phone   +1 PhoneNumber>
>> <fax     +1 PhoneNumber>
>> <email   email@example.com scramble="no">
>
> This would expose the full e-mail address whether scramble is "yes" or
> "no".

I do not get this, since we already require a full email address and we
show it in clear:

  <http://www.debian.org/consultants/#CH>

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca