Re: Broken Link

MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:
> Hossein <zabolzadeh@itrc.ac.ir>
>> I want to see list of all packages, those has not maintainer yet. I
>> found related link in the following mentor webpage. But the link was
>> broken. check it.
>> Open this we page: http://www.debian.org/News/1997/19971125.en.html
>
> Things have moved since 1997 and I think the News archive is an
> archive, not a current resource, so does not get updated.
>
> The lists of packages which need a maintainer, along with those that
> need help, are linked from http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

Things may move since 1997, but Cool URIs don't change
(http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI).

Because this is a link internal to the Debian's website, the best
solution IMHO would be creating a redirect page
http://www.debian.org/doc/prospective-packages.html which would redirect
to http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/.

--
Tommi Vainikainen