Re: Coordinate work on the cvs webwml repository

Hi,

David Prévot <taffit@debian.org> wrote:
> It seems my remark about intro/why_debian.wml was not understood. It's
> too late now, but let me rephrase it for next time. I was advising to
> commit in all directories the changes that can be trivially fixed (with
> the proper translation-check bump), and then, after that, commit to the
> english directory the changes that can't be trivially updated in
> translations, in order to ease the translators work. That would have
> offer them a diff focusing only on the changes left to do, while the
> current diff mixes stuff already updated in translation and stuff they
> need to update:
>
> http://alioth.debian.org/scm/viewvc.php/webwml/english/intro/why_debian.wml?root=webwml&r1=1.63&r2=1.64&view=patch

I had understood your remark!
And I did it exactly like that!

All the changings displayed in the diff linked above, are changings
that need manual work from translators.
Let me explain why:
in Bulgarian "Debian" is translated into "Дебиан".
grep the bulgarian ../CD/faq/index.wml file, and you will find
no "Debian|debian" in flow text (only in URL etc.).
That's why the changing "GNU/Linux -> Debian" is of the
sort, that needs manual translation of translators.

IMHO this cases (and several others) will not be covered by
the smart_change.pl method, though.

Holger

--