Re: consultants: some proposal on german entries - and other countries

Hi there!

On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 10:35:41 +0200, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 04/10/2011 alle 17.06 +0200, Holger Wansing ha scritto:
> [...]
>> > Why do you want to force the adoption of international phone format?
>> > i.e., what about consultants only interested in local clients?

Have they specified that?  If not, please add a new option for when they
submit their request to be listed on that page.

FWIW, we do not ask to specify such kind of information, actually the
phone number is not mandatory at all.

  <http://www.debian.org/consultants/info>.

>> The international phone number also works, if you use it for national
>> phone call. So it catches all cases.

Fully agree.

We need to be consistent in how we show information, international
telephone numbers is the only way for that, also given that there is an
already-defined standard:

  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_number>
  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.164>
  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.123>

>> > Moreover, why do you want to change any information provided by the
>> > consultant himself?

Holger's proposition does not change any information, instead it
corrects them, e.g. when national prefixes should be in parenthesis or
omitted.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca