Re: debian www sprint?

        Hi!

* Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> [2010-11-03 16:02:25 CET]:
> [ please Cc:-me on replies, I'm not subscribed to -www ]

 Thanks for the notice, had to readd you. ;)

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 04:37:12PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > This mail is both an announcement of the "Debian Sprint Program" and a
> > Request For Comments about it. All details can be found at [2,3]:
> >
> >  [2] http://wiki.debian.org/Sprints
> >  [3] http://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/HowTo
>
> Dear WWW team, thanks a lot for your work!  (which I got to know a tiny
> teeny little bit thanks to some random commits here and there)

 Noticed that you did some commits recently. ;)

> With this mail, I'd like to point your attention to the sprint program
> I've announced a few days ago, and encourage the WWW team to have a WWW
> sprint. I know the idea has been floating around for a while thanks to
> Rhonda, although I haven't followed past discussions on the subject
> myself (my bad).

 The idea is indeed spinning in my head since a long time now.
Unfortunately personal time constraints aren't helping to push it
further. There are also some constraints that I would see with respect
to making the sprint useful, with respect to attending people:

 The chosen date has to get coordinated to allow the majority of the
following people to attend: Frank Lichtenheld, Kalle Söderman, Simon
Paillard and myself. I can think about that one missing might be
acceptable, but two missing could already get tricky for the outcome of
the event.

 Also I would be quite happy to have the following people attending:
David Prévot, Francesca Ciceri and Kåre Thor Olsen. They all have an
outstanding performance with respect to the website effort and their
input would definitely help.

 Said that, of course everyone is welcome to join in, but please, leave
the time decision to these people, I fear it will get tough enough for
that anyway. :)

 About where to hold it, I'm unsure. Paris/France seems to be popular
these days, personally I definitely would have nothing against
Vienna/Austria (the Metalab comes to mind, we are about to hold a grml
sprint here today and tomorrow), and the Linuxhotel in Essen/Germany is
also always happy to host community meetings on the weekend.

 So far about my personal thoughts,
Rhonda
--
"Hmph. This is why I don't like change. It changes things."
        -- Faye Whitaker, http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=576