Re: integrating Debian GNU/kFreeBSD into InstallingDebianOn?

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 08:58 +0100, Alan BRASLAU wrote:

> Concerning povray, I had forgotten (or did not realize)
> that it is non-free. I am aware that there are some
> licensing issues with the beta version, but did not
> imagine that the stable version was anything other than
> open source...

povray releases source code, but has never been free software. There was
a plan to rectify that for povray 4 by relicensing stuff where possible
and rewriting the rest of the code. Last I saw the povray folks haven't
released 3.7, let alone started on povray 4.

> By the way, another hitch for the moment is a need to port openjdk-6.
> Is anyone working on this?

From Google it appears there are some people doing that, but none that I
can see for Debian GNU/kFreeBSD.

--