Re: wiki.d.o: SummerOfCode2009/KDE-based-packagemanager (bis)

Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> On 2010-07-28 09:10, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>> * Filipus Klutiero<chealer@gmail.com>  [2010-07-28 07:31:41 CEST]:
>>
>>> the wiki page
>>> http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2009/KDE-based-packagemanager
>>> could use some work, but I can't easily edit it due to an edit
>>> restriction on my account for this page set by Steve McIntyre in
>>> revision 18. The restriction is commented by "Put the page back to
>>> where
>>> it has been for a year. Philippe: why are you changing this after a
>>> year?". I answered Steve's question and asked him to revert, but he
>>> declined:
>>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2010/05/msg00044.html
>
> I don't understand how the ban can seem quite justified when it has no
> justification.

Let me summarize:
* in revision 9, you make a single _large_ rewrite of the page
  => this is ok, but you should have split your edit, starting
  by easy, non-controversial changes. (so other can understand
  what you do, why you it, and comment ont it).
* in revision 10, another editor is not happy with your change.
  Since it's a single large edit, that editor decide to simply
  revert the whole change
  => this is ok.
* in revision 11, you revert the revert
  => this is not ok.

You and the editor can go reverting the page forever, if you don't
communicate/collaborate.

Since then, all your requests have been to revert that change again and
again. I already explained in a previous email that I won't do that, this
is not the way to go. If you want your odification to be accepted, it is
your job to explain and convince other authors why those change are
useful.

Regards,

Franklin