Re: SummerOfCode2009/KDE-based-packagemanager

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 11:33:08AM -0400, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>Hi Steve,
>you reverted my latest revision to
>SummerOfCode2009/KDE-based-packagemanager with the comment "Put the
>page back to where it has been for a year. Philippe: why are you
>changing this after a year?"
>I'm changing because nobody else did it in a year. See thread
>"wiki.d.o: SummerOfCode2009/KDE-based-packagemanager" on debian-www:
>http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2009/04/msg00004.html

There was a clear answer there that your changes were not desired. The
"edit war" comment from Paul is entirely clear there - the wiki should
be a collaborative project and simply reverting over and over again to
force *your* changes to a page that somebody else has already worked
on is simply not a valid way to work.

>I also started a topic on Wiki administration:
>http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2010/05/msg00029.html
>...no answers so far.
>
>Can I ask why you're changing this?

You have worked around a ban on changing the page in question to
simply go and repeat the exact behaviour that caused the ban in the
first place. If you can't understand why that's a problem then I don't
know what else to say to you. To do this over a year later simply
suggests that you were hoping to have the last word simply by waiting
long enough. If you want to work with people in Debian, you need to
learn to communicate with them.

>Please revert

No.

Is there anybody out there?