Re: logo license with debian - no warranty missing?

Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> writes:

>  On #debian-www "will" raised concerns that there might be issues with
> respect to our logo license for including the debian lettering. It
> doesn't contain a warranty waiver, and given that we publish svg
> images which could contain potential harmful scripting (from will's
> interpretation, not sure if that actually is possible or if there is
> some sandbox involved?) this might be considered an issue.

This does seem to be a valid concern. The SVG standard allows for
documents to contain executable code for animation with ECMAScript

So that at least makes it plausible that an SVG image could contain
dangerous code.

>  Is this something we should change? Not worry about? "Much Ado Nothing"?

I think it would be prudent to add a warranty disclaimer like those
found in Expat license terms or similar.

 \            “… Nature … is seen to do all things Herself and through |
  `\         herself of own accord, rid of all gods.” —Titus Lucretius |
_o__)                                                 Carus, c. 40 BCE |
Ben Finney