Re: Can't access Sqeeze release notes

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 11:31:39AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Geoff Shang <geoff@QuiteLikely.com> [2010-06-21 10:58:25 CEST]:
[...]
> > All this notwithstanding, there are tickets open on the Squeeze release
> > notes, which suggests that they exist somewhere and can be read.  So
> > where are they?
>
>  Which tickets do you refer to?
> <http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/ddp/manuals/trunk/release-notes/> still
> is for lenny and I don't know of that it would have moved somewhere else
> for this release, the current one hasn't moved to the historical place
> yet -

(Mainly because most opened bugs against RN are applicable to both lenny and squeeze
RN.)

> actually I'm puzzled that it was moved to
> ddp/manuals/tags/release-notes/etch and not
> ddp/manuals/branches/release-notes/etch, because this obviously is a
> strange place for something that potentially might get updated again.

Indeed, that is fixable.

>  Wolfgang, Simon, are you working on the release notes this time again?

In short, not for some weeks.

> It would be sweet to know the distinctive place for the release notes
> to pull for the website before work starts so that we won't get
> misrendered squeeze work in the lenny place or the other way round. :)

As said to Andrei, first apply fixed in bts, then we can branch for
squeeze.

While I started the preliminary work for squeeze release-notes in april,
my daily work has been very time and energy-consuming, so I did less
for Debian.

What is available as of now:
* a TODO list / reminders at http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseNotes
* a set of tools to generated lenny-to-squeeze NEWS.debian diff over the
  archive, to be used as an input to release-notes
* Franklin tools, to diff package status between lenny and squeeze.

Franklin, I know you have many other tools not publicly advertised yet.
It would be interesting to add them to
http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseNotes

More on TODO:
* Test the current release-notes against current status of lenny and
squeeze (see
http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Lenny__Squeeze_upgrades__removals_by_apt_and_aptitude.html
as well)

--