Re: Re: debian upgrade stable to testing

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:08:07PM +0300, Shrub Alexey wrote:
> 21.01.10, 07:16, "Frank Lin PIAT" <fpiat@klabs.be>:
> >  Upgrading from Stable to Testing is almost identical to upgrading from
> >  one stable release to another (i.e upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze) ,
> >  but doing so ahead of time.
> >  For Lenny to squeeze (not published yet):
> >    http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/releasenotes
> >
> >  Franklin
>
> Thanks, but I am wrote this letter becаuse my friend, newbie in debian
> (but not newbie in the internet), can not find answer for question
> "How to upgrade Debian from stable to testing" on debian.org
>
> If this answer will be in FAQ - all newbie found it, without problem

I was going to make it easy for newbie by adding something in FAQ....
filed #566010 and with help by Joost van Baal, I was about to commit....

Then I found:
3.1.11 I am currently tracking stable. Can I change to testing or unstable? If so, How?

3.1.12 I am currently tracking testing (squeeze). What will happen when a release is made? Will I still be tracking testing or will my machine be running the new stable distribution?

I think these tiles were too long to get attention.  But this is style
issue.

Since Javi wrote these section, hello Javi!

Unles someone is willing to go over all this section, it does not fit in
nicely.

Osamu