Re: wiki manual on ldap integration -where to put it?

On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 15:19 -0500, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 16:21 -0500, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> I have a wiki style manual on debian integration with ldap services,
> >>
> >> 1. samba and ldap
> >> 2. debian users authentication with ldap
> >> 3. linux client setup to authenticate to ldap.
> >> ...etc
> >>
> >> Each section is its own wiki, and the final page has include for the
> >> subsequent pages.
> >
> > Either each page is short, and the pages could/should be merged in a
> > single page. Or the documentation is long, and it should be split'ed
> > among multiple pages.
>
> It is somewhat long,,,there is a "how to setup ldap as a central
> authentication server", "setup samba to use ldap", and setup a
> seperated debian client to use ldap central server, and "setup windows
> client to use ldap central server"

Yes, finding a short a good page name is difficult. Maybe:
/Ldap /LdapNss /LdapAuth /SambaWithLdap /WindowsClients

BTW, Did you investigate kerberos and/or using samba as authentication.

> All 3 categories need to be split otherwise if merged the confusion

No. Covering multiple topics in a page don't imply confusion.
However it's sensible to split large pages (one page per chapter).

> will make this howto unusable and on the other hand separating each
> section into a link is not feasible because you are not able to see
> the big picture which required include().

Write an introduction page, which describes the big picture! (Describe
the over all solutions)

Franklin