Re: wiki manual on ldap integration -where to put it?

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 16:21 -0500, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have a wiki style manual on debian integration with ldap services,
>>
>> 1. samba and ldap
>> 2. debian users authentication with ldap
>> 3. linux client setup to authenticate to ldap.
>> ...etc
>>
>> Each section is its own wiki, and the final page has include for the
>> subsequent pages.
>
> Either each page is short, and the pages could/should be merged in a
> single page. Or the documentation is long, and it should be split'ed
> among multiple pages.

It is somewhat long,,,there is a "how to setup ldap as a central
authentication server", "setup samba to use ldap", and setup a
seperated debian client to use ldap central server, and "setup windows
client to use ldap central server"

All 3 categories need to be split otherwise if merged the confusion
will make this howto unusable, and on the other hand separating each
section into a link is not feasible because you are not able to see
the big picture which required include(). (by picture I mean full
menu)

> I remember that you were interested in generating PDF from the wiki
> pages. Did you investigate in a script that would aggregate multiple
> pages in a single PDF (which could be linked from those pages).
>
>> I wanted to put under
>> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianBusinessServer/LDAPIntegration since its
>> geared towards businesses, but I figured I ask first.
>
> "DebianBusinessServer" is a very generic name. Is it targeted at SOHO,
> medium or large companies?
> Also, have you considered using the "HowTo" namespace? like
> HowTo/MediumBusinessServer/LdapAuth (I can't find a proper title...
> smallBusniess, MediumBuisiness, SMB... none seems very explicit ;( )

Interesting idea......

As far as pdf, at this point I can generate pdf from a single page. So
if use include on the main page, then I can generate pdf via:

dblatex -T simple -o WikiSandBox.pdf WikiSandBox.xml

where .xml file is a docbook generated from moinmoin. One liner that
can generate a pdf with menu etc...

I haven't done any other work on generating pdf, as this works and its
extremely easy.

Lucas

--
How to create python package?