Re: Debian Wiki related "discussion".

On Feb 6, 2008 1:50 PM, Thomas Viehmann <tv@beamnet.de> wrote:
> Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> > I think the discussion page is needed because there are people who
> > don't belong to this list, they do not want to receive all emails from
> > this list, but they are interested in a discussion about debian wiki
> > or particular wiki page.
> Note that this list is open for non-subscribers to post.
> While I don't mind where people discuss particular wiki pages, I'm not sure that
> discussions about wiki.debian.org in general will reach the audience better than
> when conducted here.

I totally agree on that one.

> > Example:
> > http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinQuestions/Unsorted
> > I found this question/discussion about wiki.debian.org, and I don't
> > think this was ever discussed on a mailing list.
> That page seems to illustrate why discussing on the mailing list would be more
> effective, no?

That particular conversation should have been posted here, but it got
posted on moinmoin.in
Maybe the person who started that conversation didn't know about this
list or whatever the reason.

I think my point is that we could take off old posts, keep the new
once, inform people to send emails with questions comments to mailing
list but in no way we should disable Discussion pages. Doing both, the
discussion and mailing list would be optimal.

??
Lucas