Re: Debian Wiki related "discussion".

On Feb 5, 2008 2:20 PM, Franklin PIAT <fpiat@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently, many discussions related to DebianWiki itself[1] (structure,
> translation, conventions...) are happening in "Discussion" pages. I
> find it inappropriate for multiple reasons:
> - Wiki is most effective to collaboratively build (improve) a page,
>   it's not the best to actually discuss it.
> - Wiki is not meant to preserve history. Keeping discussion/archives
>   pages causes false positive hits when people search in the wiki.
> - Wiki is not meant to distribute updates (i.e sending email !)

I think the discussion page is needed because there are people who
don't belong to this list, they do not want to receive all emails from
this list, but they are interested in a discussion about debian wiki
or particular wiki page.

If anything, if the discussion is out dated (aka talks about changes
that are already implemented)  we should remove that part, but leave
the parts that are fresh and need to be addresseded.

Example:
http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinQuestions/Unsorted
I found this question/discussion about wiki.debian.org, and I don't
think this was ever discussed on a mailing list.

Lucas

--
Vehicle Information Number. Check for Authentic VIN
http://lucasmanual.com/vin