Re: Debian Lenny announce banner

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 00:24 +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 08:13:14PM +0000, Franklin PIAT wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 15:18 -0200, Andre Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira wrote:
> > > Hi all!
> > > I made a banner[1] for the announce of Lenny. This banner is based in
> > > the Moreblue Orbit theme.[2]
> >
> > Those are... great.
>
> Thanks Andre ! I agree with Franklin on the wuality of your work.
>
> Maybe have the title "The Universal Operating System" bigger, and
> screenshots are too little to be comprehensive IMHO.

With this banner, people will expect to be able to click on it, and see
more screenshots. May be a page like NewInLenny, but with more
screenshots (and link back to download, etc)
 http://wiki.debian.org/NewInLenny
 http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.22

> What about the poll http://www.debianart.org/contest/lenny-slogan.html ?
> (I'm a fan of "Free(+dom) never looked so good" and "One operating
> system. Infinite Freedom")

I find "universal OS" more suitable than ever, because debian-cd boot
screen will allow to easily choose alternative Desktop (no need for a
kDebian, xDebian... ;)

The second slogan  (One operating system. Infinite Freedom) is also my
2nd best choice.

> > > Perhaps, would be good include it on Debian website when Lenny is
> > > ready. I like the Fedora[3] and OpenSuse[4] work.
> >
> > My personal first choice would be to have it on the website. preview:
> >  http://www.klabs.be/~fpiat/linux/debian/proposals/2008-12-02_moreblue/
>
> The same as Franklin's one, with a bit of float css:
> http://teubr.eu.org/~spaillar/debian/more_blue_float/index.en.html

It works well. (may be a problem
http://browsershots.org/http://teubr.eu.org/~spaillar/debian/more_blue_float/index.en.html

> >  Alternatively, the wiki could be used:
> >  http://wiki.debian.org/FrontPageV3Sandbox
>
> That would be apity to miss the opportunity for www.d.o to jump in the
> 21st century by displaying some art on the website frontpage :-)

;-)

Franklin