Re: Options changed in check_trans.pl

* Bas Zoetekouw <bas@debian.org> [2008-10-05]:
> Hi Hans!
>
> You wrote:
>
> > OK. Looking at the code/some more testing, revealed that e-mails are
> > only sent if there is an outdated file *and* that file has a
> > manintainer.
>
> Hmm, I think it's supposed to mail the person specified by the -m option
> for the pages that have no maintainer, so I guess this is a bug then.
> I'll try to fix it.

The old behavior was that the e-mail specified with -m option was the
address for the list for that language. I think your suggestion is
better.

> > I'll contact the check_trans.pl maintainer directly, about some other
> > mail issues, to keep the noise level down on the list.
>
> Ok, looking forward to your comments.

I can take most of the comments here since it's related to the above:

1) I want to run the script and only get e-mail about files I'm the
maintainer for. (I don't want the cron job to send e-mail for pages
that have no maintainer.) Maybe allow the -m with no argument?

2) Sometimes I also want an e-mail for all pages needing an update no
matter if they are maintained or not, and I don't want the maintainers
to get any e-mail. I guess -g will stop the maintainers from getting
anything, but -m 'myaddress' will skip the maintained pages. Add
option -mm?

3) Don't require us to add the frequency unless an e-mail adress is
given on the command line, since that info is in the translator db.

I think that was it.

Hans

PS! One more: The Invocation instruction still has "[-c charset]".