Re: broken links related to etchnhalf release

On Tuesday 29 July 2008, Simon Paillard wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:39:52PM +1000, Vincent McIntyre wrote:
> > 1. Page http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/etchnhalf
> > has this link
> >   http://packages.debian.org/etch/firmware-nonfree
> > that gives a "No such package" error.
>
> Frans, did you mean "perform the search of packages in section non-free
> that contains firmware in their name" ?
> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=firmware&searchon=names&suit
>e=stable&section=non-free

Dann, that's more your area.

> >  release notes
> >  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/releasenotes
> >  (not http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/etchnhalf)
> >
> >  installation guide
> >  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual
> >  (not
> > http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/etchnhalf)
>
> Frans, can you confirm ?

AFAICT the current links are correct.
I cannot find where a link to the installation guide points to
stable/debian-installer/etchnhalf. It points to the Lenny version of the
installation guide which is correct.

> > 3. Why is the 'etchnhalf' codename used in these pages instead of
> > 4.0r4? Is there a reason not to have
> >   http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/4.0r4
> > resolve to the "right place" ?
>
> I cannot remember such urls, where do they appear ?

etchnhalf is not the same as 4.0r4.

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. Dann: any reason the erratum about loop-aes wasn't added?