Re: broken links related to etchnhalf release

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:39:52PM +1000, Vincent McIntyre wrote:
> 1. Page http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/etchnhalf
> has this link
>   http://packages.debian.org/etch/firmware-nonfree
> that gives a "No such package" error.

Frans, did you mean "perform the search of packages in section non-free
that contains firmware in their name" ?
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=firmware&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=non-free

> 2. The main release page
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/
> mentions a release on 2008 Jul 26, but the links to the release notes
> etc do not appear to go to the right places:
>
>  press release
>  http://www.debian.org/News/2007/20070408
>  (not http://www.debian.org/News/2008/20080726)

Fixed at the next website build.

>  release notes
>  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/releasenotes
>  (not http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/etchnhalf)
>
>  installation guide
>  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual
>  (not  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/etchnhalf)

Frans, can you confirm ?

> 3. Why is the 'etchnhalf' codename used in these pages instead of 4.0r4?
> Is there a reason not to have
>   http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/4.0r4
> resolve to the "right place" ?

I cannot remember such urls, where do they appear ?

> These may all be just minor coordination issues, but I hope people can
> find time to address them.

Thanks for your reports, please don't hesitate to report any other
issue.

http://www.debian.org/devel/website/

--
Simon Paillard