Re: Debian Website

Am Sonntag, den 13.07.2008, 15:01 -0400 schrieb Mark W. Shelby:
> I was asked to repost this on the Debian list... so here goes....
> Hope this doesn't start a flame-war. I meant it in the best spirit. I
> promise!

 I expect you to not be subscribed to the list, thus you receive an
offlist copy, too.

> On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 11:13:41PM -0400, Mark W. Shelby
> wrote:
> > Good greif! As an 8 or nine year user of Debian can I complain
> a little?
> > The default web page stinks! I know it is kept to a minimal
> graphically, but
> > even the info and the navigation is confusing and is a mess!
> >
> > I love Debian, but are we seriously trying to promote "Come
> check out
> > Debian... We look like an unorganized mess, but once you get
> into it it's
> > pretty solid."
> >
> > That is a hard message to sell! Why don't the developers take
> > weekend and roll out a more organized site? You can still keep
> it simple!

 It's not that it's unknown to that there exist troubles - it's just
that messages like yours are extremely far from helping because "stinks"
and "a mess" isn't really constructive, is it? If you want to send
something really in the best spirit it would be very kind if you could
change your tone from sounding like "all suxx !!1!" to suggesting
something specific for some part of it.

 There were lots of threads in the past, even some more concrete
suggestions, transmitted to the wiki, but as soon as people start to
realize that it would mean they actually do something themself they
regularly are as soon quiet again as fast as they started to
complain. :/

 So long,
Rhonda