Re: wiki.debian.org/doc/packagename/readme.debian ?

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 08:21 -0700, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> Franklin PIAT wrote:
>
> > I made http://sysinf0.klabs.be for this purpose : publish all the
> > package/files so one can retrieve and diff any arbitrary file (including
> > default configuration file, documentation, manpages, scripts...)
>
> That is very cool!
Thanks

> Maybe you could look into getting a *.debian.net URL
> for this service?
I hesitate on this... Should I restrict the distributions to Debian
official ones ? If so, it would prevent "diffing" Debian versus
debian-derivatives files...

> > sysinf0 still lacks a three important features :
> > 1. Per-package browser
> > 2. Track Debian/sid and testing (daily updates...)
> > 3. Provide hints/directions for search engines (I can't let
> >    google index all 10 millions files !)
>
> Guess the easiest way to do 3) would be to write a script to find all
> text files / PDFs / etc. (gunzipping if needed), and symlink to them
> from a separate tree that permits search engine bots.

I was thinking of something like that... But I'm also considering to use
unstable and lenny's Packages/DiffIndex to create a page like moinmoin's
RecentChanges (i.e. not marking it as "no-follow"), so google doesn't
have to rescan the all tree all the time.

I'm working on something else for Lenny at the moment, but I'll come
back to sysinf0 once Lenny is frozen.