Re: wiki.debian.org/doc/packagename/readme.debian ?

Franklin PIAT wrote:

> I made http://sysinf0.klabs.be for this purpose : publish all the
> package/files so one can retrieve and diff any arbitrary file (including
> default configuration file, documentation, manpages, scripts...)

That is very cool!  Maybe you could look into getting a *.debian.net URL
for this service?

> sysinf0 still lacks a three important features :
> 1. Per-package browser
> 2. Track Debian/sid and testing (daily updates...)
> 3. Provide hints/directions for search engines (I can't let
>    google index all 10 millions files !)

Guess the easiest way to do 3) would be to write a script to find all
text files / PDFs / etc. (gunzipping if needed), and symlink to them
from a separate tree that permits search engine bots.

best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>
WWW: http://www.starplot.org/