Re: Minor problem on packages.debian.org web page.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 10:50:40PM -0500, Karl Fogel wrote:
> At the bottom of http://packages.debian.org/ipmitool, where the
> various translation languages are listed, it says:
>
>    中文 (Zhongzu,简)
>
> The "zu" there is wrong.  It should be "wen", to match the Chinese
> character.  A possible alternative is "yu", which is probably what the
> person who romanized it intended: that would be a synonym, although
> technically it doesn't match the corresponding Chinese character.
>
> Full explanation: the first character, the one with the vertical line
> all the way through it, is "zhong", which is correctly romanized.  The
> one to the right of it is "wen", but colloquially one could use the
> word "yu" instead of "wen", and probably "zu" is a typo for "yu".
>
> I'd recommend just changing "zu" to "wen".
>
> Very minor bug, but on the other hand, very easy to fix. :-) Note that
> there may be other pages with the same problem; in IRC, abrotman says
> that other package.debian.org/PACKAGE_NAME pages have this problem,
> and specifically pointed to at least these:

They are all generated from the same code so naturally they all have the
same problem.

The Debian website also uses Zhongzu, but I think only for sorting
purposes and not for display.

The whole Chinese l10n stuff is really something I added by taking the
very old code from the Debian website and doing some fully uneducated
guesses. So this error is just a symptom of a deeper problem...

Anyway, will change "zu" to "wen"

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>