Re: Vendors Page

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 03:04:17PM -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> I guess I'm mostly worried by certain common cases.  Take for example the
> 93 vendors who just offer i386 media and consider somebody that needs
> amd64 discs.  Grouping architectures together would still affect a decent
> amount of people, I think.

That's true. As long as the table doesn't get too wide I'm fine with any
other solution. Hmm - it would theoretically be possible to generate >1
HTML pages for different (sets of) architectures, but I don't see a good
way of doing this - especially in view of the errors in the "offered
arches" informmation of the current vendor entries.

However, actually IMHO the current state of things is quite nice! Many
vendor entries span 3 or 4 lines, but the look is a big improvement over
the previous list, so even if you don't have any bright idea of making the
arch list shorter, I have no problem with you committing your current work!

> The fact that the list may be outdated is another bad problem, though-
> perhaps emails could be sent to try and verify the information?

Yes, although maybe it would also be possible to gather the information
automatically from the vendor's page - most vendors do use the standard
Debian architecture names, only some use "32-bit" for i386 or similar.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯