Major revision of the content of 'children-distros'

As the one who originally introduced this page in 2002 but have not
maintained it I feel partially responsible for #425792.

I have done a full review of the content of this page, moving over to a
separate listing all the distributions which are no longer active (stalled,
server is dead or gives a 404, or redirects to a different distribution).
I have not removed the (detailed) information related to dead distributions
since I think it's nice (history-wise). If the list grows too long it can
always be moved over to a different page.

I have not added any new Debian-based distribution (although there's lots of
them out there) but have added a pointer to Distrowatch for those who think
that our information is lacking.

In any case, it would be nice if people including new "derived distributions"
to the list in this page added more information than just a name and a link.
Two years later, if the link is not active anymore, it might be hard to find
out what the distibution did.

Regards

Javier