Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by joy: webwml/english/CD/vendors adding-form.wml

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 11:02:49AM +0100, Paul Cager wrote:
> 1) The Country list seems to be ordered by country-code. I think this
> may be confusing for users (try looking for e.g. Great Britain, or
> French Guiana).

Sadly, yes, but that makes it possible to use the same list code on all
languages. The same thing is done at /mirror/submit, that's where I copied
it from.

> 2) Is it intentional to list "Great Britain" rather than the "United
> Kingdom".

The code is GB, so I guess that was the origin. ISO 3166-2:GB, really.
I suppose we could either replace it, or to be really fair, expand it to
include the full country name, the menu is already fairly wide (due to
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, oddly enough :).

> The existing list has "UK", which I think is more likely to be
> what people look for.

What existing list? The existing vendor submit information doesn't list
countries, it just says "please state your country".

> 3) I think the question "Do you donate some of the sale to Debian" looks
> a bit odd with just a checkbox. Probably just my personal preference,
> but I would have expected a yes/no combo (or the question rephrased to
> "Select this box if..."

Okay, I'll replace it with radio buttons.

> By the way, what do you think about replacing "CD" with "CD or DVD"?

The existing /CD pages use the shorter form... I figure people know that
that is what is meant.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.