Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by joy: webwml/english/CD/vendors adding-form.wml

Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 11:02:49AM +0100, Paul Cager wrote:
>> 1) The Country list seems to be ordered by country-code. I think this
>> may be confusing for users (try looking for e.g. Great Britain, or
>> French Guiana).
>
> Sadly, yes, but that makes it possible to use the same list code on all
> languages. The same thing is done at /mirror/submit, that's where I copied
> it from.

OK, but in that case how about displaying the country *code* first, so
that the sorted-on column is first? At the moment the order just looks
random (if you don't know the secret).

>> 2) Is it intentional to list "Great Britain" rather than the "United
>> Kingdom".
>
> The code is GB, so I guess that was the origin. ISO 3166-2:GB, really.
> I suppose we could either replace it, or to be really fair, expand it to
> include the full country name, the menu is already fairly wide (due to
> South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, oddly enough :).
>
>> The existing list has "UK", which I think is more likely to be
>> what people look for.
>
> What existing list? The existing vendor submit information doesn't list
> countries, it just says "please state your country".

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant the "list of vendors",
http://www.uk.debian.org/CD/vendors/#uk