Re: New Debian Site

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 03:11:40PM (GMT+0100), Martin Schulze wrote:
> Mathieu Stumpf wrote:
[...]
> > What about the blue text on a blue background for
>
> As long as there's enough contrast I don't see an immediate problem
> with it.  Dark blue on darker blue is not good.  However, dark blue on
> light blue seems to fit.  Maybe it would be better to choose an even
> lighter blue, I don't know.
[...]

Debian's leftcol background = bbddff
Debian's links color        = 0000ff

with the formula in http://www.w3.org/TR/AERT#color-contrast
Color brightness = 185 (min. good value = 125, max is 255)
Color difference = 408 (min. good value = 500, max is 765)

we have a low color difference. For w3c this do not "provide sufficient
contrast when viewed by someone having color deficits or when viewed on
a black and white screen".

If anybody want it I have a little bash script for calculation of color
brightness and color difference.
--
Ave       Johan Haggi
ante diem decimum quartum Kalendas Decembres MMDCCLIX ab Urbe condita