Re: Re: New Debian Site

Mathieu Stumpf wrote:
> As I say, what I find ugly, is the menu colors, which means the white text on
> a dark blue background on the red brackground, and the text in blue on a blue

Aha.  So you don't like the white on dark blue on red.  Since the
colours even have good contrast to each other without "burning" in the
eyes, I'd rather say that this is a personal preference/aversion.  (at
least as long as not many people raise their voice and consider this
set of colors ugly as well).

The red is not discussable I'd say because the Debian swirl is red.
Hence, there will probably always be red elements on the homepage.

> > XXXmenuXXX YYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontent
> > XXXmenuXXX YYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontent
> > XXXmenuXXX YYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontent
> > XXXmenuXXX YYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontent
> > XXXmenuXXX YYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontent
> >          YYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYY
> >          YYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYY
> >          YYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYY
> >          YYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYYYYYYcontentYY
>
> Ok, I agree that's negative indentation but I do not have this result under
> all browser I tested, which one are you using?

Interesting.   This was when I accidently used Firefox.  With lynx I
don't have this curiosity.

> > > Well I tried with Epiphany 1.4.8 and it didn't make linebreak (which would
> be
> > > a good thing to my mind) but goes out of the red box, and makes appear an
> > > horizontal scrollbar. I tried whith the css i proposed and it works even
> with
> > > a 640*480 resolution under epiphany (others browsers I tried didn't have
> the
> > > problem of the line break).
> >
> > Did you check the French translation?  Or the German one?
> >
> > I explicitly didn't talk about the english version.
>
> Hum, did you watch the work I've done? look again:
> http://psychoslave.free.fr/debian/site/planche2/

I won't get blind again?

Argh, I'm blinded again.

> Also I'm sorry I thought "Getting Debian" and "About Debian" was on the
> english version ;P

True.  Guess where the 'A propos de Debian' and 'Obtenir Debian' came
from.  Hint: extraterrestrial life was not involved.  Looking at the
translation 'Le coin du développeur' is also quite long, so
"Developer's Corner" may be good if replaced by "Development" or
something short.

> Well it seems that most people don't like the white on dark, so I'm gonna work
> on an other...

Well, it's simply unreadable when I use a graphical browser -- unless
I select the text in which case the colors are inverted and I can read
it indeed.

Regards,

	Joey

--
In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain