Re: www.debian.org Web Design

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 18:11, Peter Karlsson wrote:
> That looks like a bug in Konqueror, in that it doesn't autodetect the
> UTF-8 encoding properly. Not that a BOM is needed for UTF-8 anyway, but
> that's another story...

Ah, I see what you mean. BOM [1] was a new term to me.
If it is not needed, I would propose to delete it anyway.

Is it wise to rely on automatic UTF-8 detection? Wouldn't it be better to
explicitly define the encoding in the header? I would guess there will be
other browsers affected...

[1] http://www.unicode.org/faq/utf_bom.html#BOM