Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by bertol: webwml/english/vote/2005 Log-debian-dpl-debate.wml

On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 11:46:02PM +0200, Florian Ernst wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> I just want to make this clear, so replying to d-www and to Nicolas,
> as it was his check-in that made me wonder...
>
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 09:25:32AM -0600, Debian WWW CVS wrote:
> > Modified files:
> > 	english/vote/2005: Log-debian-dpl-debate.wml
> >
> > Log message:
> > 	typo
>
> Do we fix typos and the like in those "historical documents", i.e. in
> transcripts and individual mails?
>
> I mean, there are plenty of mistakes in <News/weekly/*/*/mail.wml> and
> in some logs / transcripts below <vote>, but I always considered
> correcting them to be an act of correcting history, thus possibly
> creating a false image of the past...

I don't think the parties in question would mind if we corrected their
mistakes.  I also looked this question up in the Chicago Manual of
Style some time ago and it said that fixing these kinds of mistakes
was OK.

--
Matt