Re: Downloading package bash

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 08:47:04PM -0700, Metz, Thomas (IRRI) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to download the package bash and do not seem to get a response.
> The following URL gives me a timeout response in my browser:
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/shells/bash3

I can't reproduce that, can you still reproduce it?

> I found this problem when trying to update bash with:
> apt-get install bash
> I got stuck with a message "Waiting for headers".
> I tried several Debian mirrors, but all behaved in the same way.

Hmm, saens hosts both packages.d.o and is one of the ftp.debian.org
machines, but the services are entirely separated. So the one failure
has probably nothing to do with the other. Not to mention that
bash and bash3 are different packages...

> The "apt-get install bash" problem has persisted for some time now, but
> I have noticed the URL access problem only yesterday.

Please try again and if it still fails please show us a copy of your
sources.list

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>