Who's using Debian?

1. G.O.D. Gesellschaft für Organisation und Datenverarbeitung mbH, Germany
2. commercial
3. http://www.god.de
4.

We have migrated our 8 servers from various commercial Linux
distributions and OpenBSD versions to Debian.
These systems do fileserver tasks (Samba), groupware (Lotus
Domino/Notes), development backend (Subversion), Apache2, LDAP,
SquirrelMail, database backend (DB2, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL),
virtualization (hostsystem for currently 12 virtual machines running
inside VMware Workstation), firewalling and traffic accounting,
monitoring (Nagios, MRTG, smartmontools, AIDE, Snort), backup services
(rsync) and so on.
I decided to use Debian because I have some years experience in using
it. Package management is superior, administration is really easy
because of the excellent structure inside /etc and updates always work
like a charm, even dist-upgrades do, and all systems run stable as rock
even with average system loads around 7.0 24/7/365 on some machines.
Uncomparable to other distributions we had running before, now there is
more time for the nice things in life.
We plan to migrate several workstations from Windows XP Pro to Debian
Sarge as well, main applications will be Java development (Eclipse and
Websphere, several database servers). But there is no timline yet, so my
workstation is currently the only one running Sid.