Re: new design for debian site

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
* F I R A T <firat@kucuk.org> [2004-12-16 11:47]:

David Moreno Garza wrote:

What's the difference between 99's websites and the ones nowadays? If
Debian's site is not nice now, what would you do to change it?

can be xhtml 1.0 transitional

 Please read up on
<http://annevankesteren.nl/archives/2004/12/mozilla-faq-on-xhtml> about
the so-called "benefits" of using xhtml. What would it gain us, really?

more graphics (anti-aliased)

 And making the webpage load longer? And cutting off handicapped
persons?

rss for news

 We have feeds for the security announces already. Granted, we should
add one for the news, too. I think I'll try to work on it.

 But please understand that you should suggest _tangible_ enhances. Just
saying "there should be something changed" without mentioning it /what/
should be changed and especially *how* is not really helpful.

for instance some sapmle open-source project web pages:
http://www.netbeans.org/

 Animated GIF as news ticker... come on. That's not really what is
helpful, do you think so?

http://www.sleepycat.com/

 Header lines as images....  Great.

http://www.blender3d.com/

 Blender is all about a graphics program. Of _course_ there are mainly
pictures... And almost no informations on the main page, to come back to
it.

http://www.mono-project.com/

 IMHO mono page doesn't look too much different to ours. Not?

 So long,
Alfie

i post your replies to many art sites. They said me "Are They Kidding ..?"
so let us make survey about this issue.

best regards,
Firat KUCUK