Re: Patch debian-www with css

Am Mittwoch, 15.12.04 um 00:45 Uhr schrieb Denis Barbier:

As there have been no complaints so far, I guess that it is time to go
further and now propose navigation/layout/accessibility changes to see
if we can improve the current web site.

For the accessibility issue I am already asking in the appropriate mailing list. In addition I got a very good but short free online book from Mark Pilgrim's website, where he has five example people with different disabilities.

- There is missed something to skip over the menu
- A menu at the bottom of page could be useful, too
- On large pages, there could be something like "back to top"
- Tables need a TH, if not existing
- Is there a summary in all tables which are not for layout?

I am still trying to find more information about aural CSS usage. I do not know, if there is something, I can install to test that.

Braille is unreadable for most of us and expensive as other hardware supplies would be. There we need the help of those using it. And we have to try to see lynx like they to: word by word and line by line. Then we can imagine some of the needs (eg. skipping over the menu on the homepage to go to the content). But to skip over they have to know, what to skip over...

What we have to realize: If we want full accessibility, with lynx the pages cannot look the same as people are used to, even if there are no changes in graphical browsers.

Beside that I will try to make alternate stylesheets: For printouts and for people with disabilities.

BTW: Who is the WML guru here?

cu

Jutta

--