Re: Providing documentation for developers (in the website) related to the buildd network

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 11:54:15AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > I'm considering uploading the attached content to the webwml sources (i.e.
> > the Debian website) at w.d.o/debian/buildd/.
>
> As most of this content is developer-oriented, shouldn't this be
> /devel/buildd/ ?

Agggg. Correct, it's devel/buildd (and that's where I have it in my local
sources, the previous reference was a typo)

> I have no problem with my content being reused for www.debian.org;
> however, in that case I would appreciate it if I could maintain it
> there (i.e., if someone could give me CVS access).

I cannot provide that access, but I'm sure the www maintainers would gladly
give it to you once this has been setup.

> However, one little correction:
(.. patch ..)

Fixed, thanks.

> However, if you check the version number of the package in the Packages
> file, and check where the Sources file has its base URL, you can
> download the source tarball.

I can't find the package in the sid Packages file, is it 'buildd'?
A previous mail from you [1] points to http://db.debian.org/debian-admin/
but that location is not available any more (I believe you are already
aware of that)

> I agree that it would be better if the source would be readily
> downloadable, but that is currently not the case.

Yes, most unfortunate. I've been able to find a buildd package, however, at
http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/buildd/

I wonder if this one is recommended/used?

Regards

Javier

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/06/msg007006.html