Re: Translation Coordinators -- please read (was: Re: New tag for wml -- help needed)

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 02:39:21PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Denis Barbier <barbier@linuxfr.org> [2004-05-06 22:45]:
> >   $ grep Language-Team */po/templates.*.po
> > returns:
> >   Arabic        doc at arabeyes.org
> >   Catalan       debian-l10n-catalan at lists.debian.org
> >   French        debian-l10n-french at lists.debian.org
> >   Italian       debian-l10n-italian at lists.debian.org
> >   Japanese      debian-doc at debian.or.jp
> > Other translators should fill in header fields.
>
>  I wonder why this comes up in such a thread now and was never mentioned
> before...  I would have guessed this kind of hint in some of the early
> messages about the po file handling. I haven't done it for German
> because I never saw any hint in that direction and wasn't told that it
> might make sense....

This was hidden in http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2002/07/msg00096.html
  You may add any field in the header section of PO files
  to help translation coordination.
Of course if you did not know what I was talking about, this message
was pretty clueless, sorry.

>  debian-l10n-german@lists.debian.org it is for German, and toddy jumped
> in to do it now for the German files, thanks.
>
>  Please add the header informations to your po files.
>
>  About the header itself: I now wonder if Content-Type has any influence
> at all. Will it be ignored in favor of <language>/.wmlrc CHARSET entry,
> or will it override it?

Content-Type field defines the encoding of each PO file.  IIRC
translators can choose any encoding they like, file content is recoded
when pages are generated.  But as conversion is performed on all web
pages, choosing the same charset as the one in .wmlrc should consume
less CPU usage.

Denis