Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by toddy: webwml/danish/po debian-cdd.da.po

On 10/5/2004, "Tobias Toedter" <t.toedter@gmx.net> wrote:

>> What's wrong with ISO-8859-1, Toddy?  It's used everywhere else in the
>> translations to Danish.
>
>Nothing, really. It's just that the previous encoding was set to ASCII, and
>this doesn't include your special Danish characters, like å and ø.

Oh!  I thought, without looking, that the original encoding was
ISO-8859-1.

>The
>webwml logs on www-master displayed a warning about that, so I just changed
>it to ISO-8859-15. As far as I understand, both encodings (-1 and -15) are
>mostly the same, except for euro (the currency) support.

In total there are eight differences, if I remember correctly.

>Granted, that's
>not needed here, but I thought that it wouldn't do any harm. Sorry if I did
>confuse you.

No need to be sorry; I should have replaced "ASCII" with something
sensible in the first place.

--
Regards, Kaare - <http://www.nightcall.dk/>