Anon pserver access (was: Re: write access in CVS server impossible.)

On 2004-01-09T01:16:16+0200, barbier@linuxfr.org wrote:
> You could file a bugreport with a tarball containing your patches, a
> Debian developer will commit them for you.

This would be much easier to do if even anonymous pserver would work.
(Or is there anon cvs somewhere?  At least cvs.d.o says refuses my
connections.)  I really don't bother to download files _with web
browser_ to translate... :-(

I thought that maybe following (temporal) solution could be done if it
takes a lot of time until repository is officially accessible with
pserver.

Giving anonymous pserver account could be done by any DD with read
access to webwml CVS repository by just registering new project to
alioth and rsyncing webwml CVS repository in raw format to alioth CVS
with cron.  After that we translators could run cvs update from alioth
anonymously and especially run cvs diff to generate patches!  Any DD
interested?

--
Tommi Vainikainen