Re: Anon pserver access (was: Re: write access in CVS server impossible.)

* Tommi Vainikainen <thv+debian@iki.fi> [2004-01-13 15:09]:
> This would be much easier to do if even anonymous pserver would work.

 Of course...

> (Or is there anon cvs somewhere?  At least cvs.d.o says refuses my
> connections.)  I really don't bother to download files _with web
> browser_ to translate... :-(

 I guess you mean you _do_ bother :)

> I thought that maybe following (temporal) solution could be done if it
> takes a lot of time until repository is officially accessible with
> pserver.

 I am not sure, maybe it will be available soon now that the cvs
security update is done. But that is just a wild guess.

> Giving anonymous pserver account could be done by any DD with read
> access to webwml CVS repository by just registering new project to
> alioth and rsyncing webwml CVS repository in raw format to alioth CVS
> with cron.  After that we translators could run cvs update from alioth
> anonymously and especially run cvs diff to generate patches!  Any DD
> interested?

 Might be interested, but need a helping hand (and some advice if its
worth the setup or might raise security problems).

 So long,
Alfie
--
I don't know, chmod g+a something  and the world goes crazy :)
                                  -- Craig Small, d-n-a@l.d.o