Re: Package description page is not compliant to multibyte characters

Hello,

From: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Package description page is not compliant to multibyte characters
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:25:27 +0200

> > > I heard a report that Japanese translation of package description
> > > pages (by Debian Description Translation Project) is broken.
> > > For example,
> > >
> > >     http://ddtp.debian.org/packages.debian.org/stable/admin/apmd.ja.html

> Now I fixed this on http://ddtp.debian.org/packages.debian.org/

Thank you for your effort, but I am afraid that another (bigger) problem
occurs.  Japanese pages seem to lack long-description.

The Japanese page writes (please try the above apmd.ja.html):

    Package: <package name> (in <h1>)
    <short-description> (in <h3><em>)
    Other packages related to <package name> (in <h3>)

I think it is clear even for non-Japanese-speakers that Japanese page
lacks long description which should appear between <short-description>
and "Other packages related to".

I checked apmd.{de,en,es,it,fr,pt_BR,ru} and found that Russian page
also lacks long-description.  In short, non-Latin-character languages
seem to suffer this problem.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/